2020年7月15日星期三

The sound proof tire, does it really lower the noise level?

(中文將會係另一個文章上發佈)
(The Chinese version will be separated on the other article)

Since the opening of the store, I have always wanted to try our this soundproof tire to see if it really reduce the noise drastically. It's been a while since I share anything, so this time, I am going to share my testing on this soundproof tire.

A introduction to those who do not know what it is.

This soundproof tire is also known as Acoustic tire (for Michelin), and some other terms such as ContiSilent for Continental. As the name tells, it is meant to make the journey less noisy.

But this type is only available for sizes that are originally equipped in Tesla model and one of the Benz model in the Hong Kong market, and only Michelin and Continental offers this soundproof tire. (I am unsure if Pirelli also offers this product in Hong Kong as I have not seen any of this model yet from Pirelli suppliers). For these sizes , they are mostly R20 and above. Hence, do not ask me for tires specially with soundproof technology equipped. They are not available for other vehicles. Even some of the Tesla owners are unaware of their original soundproof tire existence.

And of course, most drivers may not even know the existence of this technology because it is only available for mostly Tesla models. Tires with soundproof technology equipped are (of course) more expensive.



(pic taken from Continental soundproof tire original equipped in Tesla)


Additionally, one of the Dunlop models, Le Mans category (which are supposed to be the same category as LM704 and LM705 I believe?) also had this soundproof technology installed on it. But this type of tyre can only be found in oversea such as Japan (or maybe only Japan? I don't know). Even with smaller size tyre such as R16, they also have soundproof technology on it.

Since it is not available to smaller sizes, and I do not drive Tesla, so I couldn't try out the soundproof tire available in the market, except, I make my own to test it out.

I took two different models for testing,
1) Continental UltraContact 6, which I have modified to add the soundproof, the same as the original Michelin and Continental Acousitc tyre. (let's call it UC6 modified), and

2) Pirelli Cinturato P7, which I also have modified (let's call it p7c modified)

3) the original Pirelli Cintuarto P7 that I am using without any modification (let's call it original p7c)


UC6 modified


p7c modified

(For both UC6 modified, p7c modified and original p7c)
Vehicle Model: Toyota Estima
Driving Distance: Around 5.2km
Driving Time: Around 9 minutes

And the result..... it is not as quiet as I expected it is, even when I compare the result of the p7c modified and my original p7c. There might be a slight quietness for both UC6 modified and p7c modified, but i do not feel anything special about it.

Will there be anything that I may have missed out? Or maybe because of the material?
But I am not ending this test yet, and share it again when I found something new.

Remember to download our Tyrehood Zone apps, more new stuff coming up soon.

https://www.tyrehood.com/en/

沒有留言:

發佈留言

注意:只有此網誌的成員可以留言。